There are many benefits to choosing steel as a building material for your structures, as opposed to traditional materials such as brick and concrete. At SM Structures, we source only the highest quality, locally manufactured steel to ensure that we can bring these benefits to you:
Benefits to the cost of construction
- Steel provides exceptional durability, strength and support which means that less money will need to be spent on replacements, repairs and maintenance.
- Steel is lightweight which makes it easy to erect and cost-effective to transport.
- Steel requires less maintenance since it is resistant to stress, structural weakness, cracking, warping, bending and breaking; making it an incredibly cost-effective building material for your next construction.
- Since steel is generally custom made to fit its application, you won’t be spending more money than you need to on excess materials; allowing you to allocate your building budget with added accuracy.
Health, safety and strength
- Steel is resistant to weathering, rust and corrosion; which means that it maintains its structural integrity for a much longer time than other building materials. This makes it a far safer solution.
- Steel structures can be erected in a fraction of the time and with much less effort than with other materials; which makes for safer construction conditions and quicker completion dates.
Aesthetics and customisable style
- Steel provides a stylish and modernised approach to building décor which makes it a popular choice in building materials.
- Steel structures can be highly customisable which means that you can get the exact style out of your construction that you are looking for.
Structures that are ideal for steel
While steel structures are popular across all industries and applications, there are those that are better suited to their use than traditional materials. These types of structures include:
- Aircraft hangars
- Church buildings
- Retail spaces
- Industrial, commercial and agricultural buildings
Contact us today
For more information on sourcing high quality steel for your next construction project, contact a representative from SM Structures today, or browse our website for further details.